Image credit: Hubspot
In the first half of our comprehensive HubSpot overview, we answered the question “What is HubSpot?” and started to answer the question “Why do I need HubSpot?” Here’s the second half of our exclusive overview of HubSpot.
To recap, let’s go back to the original question again:
What Is HubSpot?
HubSpot is an all-in-one inbound marketing software platform that helps businesses attract website visitors, convert them into leads and turn those leads into paying customers. It uses inbound marketing (Search Engine Optimization, Blogging, Social Media, Marketing Automation and Marketing Analytics) to accomplish that.
So what more can we do with HubSpot?
Optimize For Search Engines
With HubSpot, search engine optimization (SEO) is ingrained in every tool. It’s woven into all of the content tools so you can rest assured you’ve got a guide for making sure your content ranks in search engines and ranks well.
- Page Performance. Discover how each and every page on your website is performing and ranking. This unique HubSpot tool checks if your page has all the critical SEO and conversion rate optimization (CRO) factors like Title tags, Image Alt text, Header tags, Meta description and more. I find this to be a great checklist for basic SEO.
- Keywords. HubSpot’s Keywords tool allows you to see how your business ranks in search engines for certain keywords. Here’s a great way to use the Keywords tool and other tools to your advantage in 3 easy steps:
- Find keywords with the Keywords tool that have a Rank of under 60 and an Average Monthly Search total of over 100
- Create and publish a blog post with one of those keywords
- Once published, use the Page Performance tool to optimize your post for best SEO practices
Integrate With Your Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Having your sales and marketing teams aligned and working closely together is extremely important. HubSpot dubs this alignment “Smarketing.” With Salesforce being one of the most popular CRM systems, HubSpot hypes up its ability to integrate with it. In reality, HubSpot can integrate with almost any CRM system. Your marketing team creates the content that will help the sales team close more business. Your sales team needs to provide feedback. With HubSpot and CRM alignment, you’ll be able to create meaningful relationships with customers which means more initial and recurring revenue for your business
Share Your Content Over Social Media
With the Social Inbox, you can take social media management to the next level – without hassle! No more logging into multiple accounts to manage each profile individually. Monitor, publish and report all in one tool. You’ll save time and enhance your social campaigns.
- Social Media Monitoring. With HubSpot’s Social Media Monitoring screen, you’ll find out more about who is interacting with your business on social networks. Key intelligence items include:
- Full interaction history with contacts
- Contact information
- How influential those contacts are
- Ways to converse with them.
- Social Media Publishing. Here’s your ultimate time-saver: Effortlessly attach and post content to one or multiple of your social media channels. HubSpot has suggested times for posting which is a great aspect of this tool. We use the Social Inbox as our social media management tool and it’s effective and easy.
Run a marketing campaign without complete reporting and you’ll run into a bunch of problems. You’ll find that knowing where your traffic and leads come from, how your competitors match up to you, and what you should be focusing on is the insight you need to increase your bottom line. The good news? HubSpot has the solution:
- Sources Reports. Want to know exactly where your visitors and leads are coming from? HubSpot’s Sources tool shows which channels are doing well and which ones are not. It provides you with the insight and intelligence that will tell you where you should put more effort into.
- Competitors. Do you know how your competitors are doing? Want to know what their online presence is like and how you can beat them? The Competitors tool breaks it all down pooling analytical data from a plethora of great resources. With the Marketing Grader, Alexa Traffic Rank, Indexed Pages, Linking Domains, mozRank and much more, you’ll find out how your online presence is and how it matches up to your competitors. Here’s what’s even better: You can track these statistics graphically over time within HubSpot.
- Closed-Loop Reporting. Being able to work with your sales team seamlessly and find out where your best lead sources are can do wonders for your business. This is what great closed-loop reporting can do. With closed-loop reporting, you’ll be able to find where your customers are coming from. HubSpot centers it’s reporting data around this. Here are some distinct benefits of closed-loop reporting:
- Gain Valuable Intelligence On Your Target Audience
- Deliver Clear, Concise Results To Your Boss
- Focus On The Channels And Offers That Are Working
- Discover Your ROI
So Why HubSpot?
Let’s be clear. As wonderful as everything you’ve read sounds, managing HubSpot is no magic bullet. It does take time. That’s why it’s best to get an Internet Marketing Agency to manage your inbound marketing for you. And what we do know is the benefits of HubSpot are clear, some of which are listed below:
- Consolidate Your Marketing Into One Easy-To-Use Platform
- Create, Optimize and Promote Content To Turn Your Leads Into Paying Customers
- Quantify Your ROI With Ease
- Move Your Leads Down The Sales Funnel
- Discover What Your Best Lead Sources Are
- Segment Your Contacts Into Lists To Trigger Targeted Actions Towards Them
- Get Your Business Found With The Easy Search Engine Page Optimization Tool
- Amplify Your Brand With The Social Inbox
- Turn Visitors Into Leads With Custom ‘Smart’ Forms And ‘Smart’ Calls-To-Action
As detailed as HubSpot is, and as thorough as this post has been, there are plenty of fine details that make it a leading software tool. Do you and your business a favour by integrating HubSpot into your marketing campaigns. Inbound Marketing Assessments are always a good way to begin so you can see how compatible you are with HubSpot.