How We Increased Leads By 364.6% And Improved Organic Keyword Rankings
The Client Story
The story of the original Uncle Bill’s Hillcrest Plumbing & Heating is a classic tale. It’s a small business that has been around for over 50 years and is trying to stay competitive amidst changing industry dynamics thanks to big corporations like Home Depot. Uncle Bill’s Hillcrest had a unique branding challenge because they had sold the rights to their business name to another plumbing company who opened an office under the name “Hillcrest Plumbing and Heating” just down the street. The ‘other’ Hillcrest was investing in digital marketing and had achieved high local and organic Google rankings. Prior to engaging with us, the client was a mess of a situation. They did not have access to its own website data. They had no tracking mechanisms in place to measure the churn of its digital assets. Plus, they were being outranked and outplayed by their competitors.
- Implement a comprehensive tracking plan to measure and nourish the impact of its website and other digital assets
- Increase search visibility for local and organic keywords
- Increase the number of inbound phone calls
- Increase the number of followers and engagement on social media channels
- Ranked in the 2nd or 3rd position for a variety of profitable keyword in the first 6 months
- Higher organic search results, especially for geographically specific searches
- Phone calls increased by 365 per cent from 113 to 525 calls from July 2015 to October 2015
- In Phase 1 of the campaign, we secured complete control of the website, its hosting service and the data analytics which were all shared with the client. We had to begin by disassociating their website from all the bad links that they had earned because of the black hat SEO tactics that their previous agency had employed.
- In Phase 2, we started cleaning up their Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) inconsistencies (of which there were plenty) on online business directories. We also created website content, secured quality inbound links, re-arranged their site architecture and followed a range of other ethical SEO practices to have them regain their authority in search engines.
- In Phase 3, we implemented call tracking to track calls from internet users and we measured calls from direct traffic, organic traffic and paid search traffic. We complemented the inbound campaign with a highly targeted AdWords campaign with a CPC as low as $4.75 per click and a CTR of 16.77%.